Now, I look across Silicon Valley with it's traffic and pollution and super-speed pace. There must be a better way. Have you given any thought as how to reshape the business society so that people no longer have to drive to work? I'm talking about a virtual business with no central office location.
I am about to embark on a startup with this workplace in mind. And I would like to know what you think.
It's surely coming. It may take decades. What do we drive at all for? To take vacations, to shop, to get gas, to go to work. Once enough of these needs are gone, we may stop using cars and only have mass transportation to get to interesting places. Just in time, since we won't have that much choice someday, when gas runs out.
- How would you like people to think of you 50 years from now?
- If possible, please send some pictures of yourself that I can put in the interview. I'll post everything that you send me.
- Woz, you really have no idea what this means to me. If I'm ever interviewed and someone asks me "Who made the biggest impact on your life?", I'm going to say Steve Wozniak without hesitation. Your interview is the best present anyone has ever given me.
- That I was a great engineer and a free thinking person about my designs and that I cared about people too much to go for the politics of business.
- I'm a bit short here, but you can grab pictures from my web site, woz.org
- Thank you very much and Happy New Year (in a few hours for myself).
You changed the world with your revoutionary ideas about technology...what do you see as the next major techno-revolution?
In Apple I could predict a year ahead because I could see it in the labs there. But whenever I predicted 2 years out, I was way off. Too many unexpected advances or new approaches showed up. Even what made sense to do changed many times. What's worth doing today, could change tomorrow. All the efforts that solve today's problem might be futile if people don't need those solutions next year, either because the problem is gone or because there's another type of solution. Today's Iridium phones might be an example of this.
So I am 13 and headed real far into computers!!! So you invented the first computer! What year did you come up with that great idea , I mean I'm using one now , and pretty much the world! Well hey if you get this e-mail , e-mail me back! I jus wanted to say you are a great person for changing our future and etc. etc..
Hey, I'm reminded of things my father said when I was your age. He was a great engineer. But he told me how important we young people were. He said that the adults had a lot of things not working well in the world and that we kids were going to school in order to make the world much better. I was shocked to learn that my elementary school teacher made less than junior high school and high school teachers and even engineers after hearing this speech.
Well, it's your turn to decide that you want to achieve and change the future. You have to work hard to do better at things than almost anyone else. You have to put off some partying until later, after your success is assured. I wish you well in this.